Fish needs to be a part of your diet a couple times a week. So it is important to have a quick and easy recipe that tastes good!
I wanted to decrease the time it takes to season the fish, so for this recipe I used one of Little Choices Matter’s seasoning, Three Amigos Mexican Spice blend. You could replace it with a homemade taco seasoning. Be careful of store purchased blends as they may contain unwanted additives for flavor or shelf life.
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 2 tbsp LCM Three Amigos Blend
- 1 Avocado
- 1-2 tbps fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup copped tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Pat the salmon dry, rub with the oil, and sprinkle on the seasoning. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill and set heat to medium. Use a wood plank if desired, otherwise place the fish directly on the grates and grill for 5-10 minutes, to desired level of doneness.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mash the avocado and fold in the remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- Portion the avocado mixture on the top of each piece of salmon. Serve with brown rice or quinoa.