Butternut Squash Breakfast Hash
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 pound breakfast sausage (turkey or homemade)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 dashes sea salt, divided, to taste
- dash of black pepper
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- ½ cup vegetable stock, as needed
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, once it starts browning begin to break it apart and continue to
- cook through. Remove sausage to a paper towel to drain any excess grease.
- Leave about a tablespoon of grease from the sausage (add more if necessary). Add the onion, season with salt, and cook
- for 1-2 minutes until it becomes soft and has taken on some color from the pan.
- Add the butternut squash and season with remaining salt. Cover and let the squash cook until it’s fork-tender, stirring occasionally and adding the vegetable broth as-needed if the pan seems dry.
- Add the kale and stir to combine. Add the sausage back into the pan. Pour in the beaten eggs, add a dash of pepper, and work them around to fold and scramble. Cook until eggs are done. Serve immediately.